Gold Medal Mental Workout for Combat Sports MP3/iPod
A Step-by-Step Program of Mental Exercises to Make You a Winner Every Time
This CD includes Gold Medal Mental Workout book in Adobe Acrobat format (GMMW.pdf) and recordings of 12 exercises, in both mp3 and m4a (iPod) formats. You may download them to your portable player or burn them onto a CD. For detailed instructions please see file readme.txt included on this CD.
ISBN: 978-0-940149-14-4 | $39.95
Use the techniques of Gold Medal Mental Workout, proved against the best in the world, to unleash the master within you. Let Dariusz Nowicki, the top East European sports psychologist, show you how the science of psychology can combine with your skill and physical training to make you a winner! You will:
- Get rid of doubts and fears
- Face every opponent with confidence, dominating the fight
- Discover the secrets of relaxation and concentration
- Boost your energy level and mental alertness
- Shut out distractions and always carry out your plan
- Just listen to our CDs and follow the simple instructions in the book.
Be recognized for your competence. Be the master every time!
Gold Medal Mental Workout program was designed by Dariusz Nowicki, Ph.D., world-renowned East European sports psychologist of Olympic Teams. Dr. Nowicki is also a member of the Technical Committee of the World Taekwondo Federation (WTF). The Technical Committee of the WTF deals with the development of taekwondo as a sport, tendencies emerging in progress of its techniques, equipment both for protection and for judging, and competition rules and regulations.
An accomplished athlete in his own right, Mr. Nowicki won the Lee Cup in 1991, the biggest taekwondo forms tournament in Poland; in 1986 he won the gold medal in the Poland National Taekwondo Championships. In 1979 he competed in the World Taekwondo Championship (fighting). From 1972 to 1982 he participated in judo and competed several times in Championships of Poland. He has trained athletes in freestyle and greco-roman wrestling, judo, Olympic style taekwondo (his team consistently wins national championship), and karate. He is also internationally accredited as a referee for taekwondo.
Table of Contents
- Your Brain Makes Its Own Reality.
- Prepare the Way with a Positive Attitude.
- When and How to Practice
Part 2—Basic Mental Preparation
- First Week
- Exercise 1: Concentration on Breathing..
- Exercise 2: Searchlight
- Second Week
- Exercise 3: Muscular Relaxation
- Third Week
- Exercise 4: Muscular Relaxation with Triggering.
- Fourth Week
- Exercise 5: Mental Relaxation
Part 3—Advanced Mental Preparation
- Fifth Week
- Exercise 6: Indifference to Distraction
- Sixth Week
- Exercise 7: Ideomotor Training
- Seventh Week
- Exercise 8: Specific Concentration Training
Part 4—Review and Combat Sports
- Exercises XII. Review
- Eighth Week
- Exercise 9: Mental Simulation Fight Training
- Exercise 10: Mental Simulation Forms Training
- Ninth Week.
- Exercise 11: Peak Performance
- Tenth Week..
- Exercise 12: Recovery
- Mental Exercises during the General Workout
“Gold Medal Mental Workout helped me win two Olympic gold medals. I find it easier to conduct my mental training with GMMW than with any other program. Suggestions in GMMW gave me an excellent mindset for the Olympics. The hall seemed pleasant, cozy. In spite of the great number of spectators I was not nervous or affected in any way.”
Gold at ’88 and ’92 Olympics
“A step-by-step program of mental workouts to teach how to put your mind in the right state for releasing your mastery in every encounter.”
“Nowicki’s mental workouts helped me to overcome fear and anxiety and gave me self-confidence.”
and ’95 World Championship
“[Gold Medal Mental Workout] program fills 10 weeks with readings and tapes [now on CDs] that sink the subject into an `alternative state of consciousness,’ implant `triggers’ that activate the trance in seconds, and then soothingly build a cool disposition for the heat of competition.”
The Wall Street Journal
February 11, 2002
See what others say about Gold Medal Mental Workout.